Friday, September 25, 2009

The Best Things...

Since it’s Friday and the weekend is mere hours away, I’m very excited, I almost feel like dancing! This feeling quickly brought to mind one of my favorite musical sequences and I wanted to share it! So, even though Christmas is still three months away (exactly three, as of today), here’s the adorable Danny Kaye and the lovely Vera-Ellen showing us why “The Best Things Happen While You’re Dancing” from White Christmas (1954).



Talk about dancing with the stars!

2 comments:

  1. It probably won't surprise you in the least that without even clicking to play the video, I can hear Danny Kaye in my mind's ear, singing the whole song, complete with orchestration. I love that movie...

    *things that you would not do at home come naturally on the floor*

    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. White Christmas is, without a doubt, one of my top 10 favorite musicals. The cast just brings all of their own personal greatness into the film that endears it more to me - Bing and Rosemary with their voices, Danny with his comedy, and Vera-Ellen with her amazing dance abilities. Love it!

    Yay, for White Christmas and the weekend! Hope you have a good one!

    ReplyDelete