Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer Under the Stars

Just a quick update...

Turner Classic Movies (TCM) now has the schedule up for their annual "Summer Under the Stars" festival, taking place all month long in August. The festival devotes an entire day to a different actor or actress, showcasing some of the films in which they starred.

You can download the complete schedule of featured films here: http://tinyurl.com/nktlsg

TCM also has a collection of beautiful teaser posters illustrating a new take on some of the featured films, including this one for High Society (1956):


You can view the other posters and learn more about TCM's "Summer Under the Stars" by visiting the official Web site at http://www.tcm.com/2009/summer/index.jsp.

4 comments:

  1. Those posters are fantastic!

    And thanks to TCM, just a couple or three weeks into my experiment in TV-lessness, I'm thinking I may need to get a TV by August...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, scb, I *did* think about you and having given up your TV recently. I tend to watch less TV in the summer, but TCM makes it so hard to stay away for too long! Hopefully you'll work something out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drrrrrrrrumrrrrrrrrolllllll: I am going to buy a small TV. Whether or not I can find someone to help me tote it home in time to watch The Americanization of Emily on Monday is questionable, but I may just borrow TAOE from the library this weekend (along with RV) and have a mini-Juliefest, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very exciting news, scb! If I were in your neck of the woods, I would certainly help you lug the TV home! I hope everything works out so you can enjoy your Juliefest!

    ReplyDelete